Acting as landscape sub-consultants to Ramboll (UK) on this design and build relief road scheme providing access to the new Thames Valley Science Park and to a planned development of 1350 homes.
Our work has included:-
- Production of detailed Existing Vegetation Designs and Planting Plans,
- Preparation of and input to specifications for site clearance, top soiling and earthworks, fencing and planting,
- Preparation of a Landscape and Ecological Management Plan.
Key features of the landscape scheme include:-
- Wet woodland planting and species rich, flood plain meadow seeding to help integrate the road into the river valley landscape,
- Gateway roundabout planting of low maintenance herbaceous perennials and ornamental grasses at the Science Park entrance,
- Provision of an enhanced landscape setting to a listed farmhouse, associated with a re-modelled road junction,
- Sustainable sourcing of semi -mature size trees and shrubs, from a tree nursery directly impacted on by the road.
Client: HOCHTIEF(UK) Construction for Reading University