This proposed development of a new sports pavilion and six sports pitches (including a floodlit astroturf pitch) is set within an established wooded framework at the edge of a new country park and the village of Kings Hill. We prepared landscape design proposals and carried out Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment to support the planning application.
A network of native woodland, tree planting, hedgerows and wildflower meadow forms the main structure of the landscape scheme with more ornamental planting proposed around the pavilion and car park.
The landscape strategy seeks to:
- link to and enhance the existing landscape framework
- break down the scale of the proposed pitches
- provide increased vegetation cover to establish a degree of screening or filtering of the proposed facilities
- increase wildlife and habitat opportunities
- respond to the functional requirements associated with the sports facilties
- reinfoirce the local wooded landscape character.
Client: Rouse Kent (Residential) Ltd