We provided landscape design advice and Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment as part of a planning application for a new Aquaponics Solar Greenhouse, Biomass plant and ancillary facilities on this site within the open countryside and the High Weald AONB.
Our initial work included making landscape and visual recommendations to inform a scheme layout, in particular relating to land shaping and the siting and Finished Floor Levels of the built form to ensure a good landform fit. A range of in-character mitigation measures were proposed as part of a Landscape Strategy to help integrate the proposals with the rural setting, including:
- Augmentation of existing woodland;
- Planting of new woodland areas and native hedgerows;
- Creation of an ‘extensive’ green roof;
- Species rich meadow on areas of regrading;
- Planting of a traditional style orchard.
We have also subsequently prepared a Landscape and Ecological Management Plan in pursuant of planning conditions.