Landscape masterplanning through to detailed design for 246 dwellings on brownfield land at the edge of the village of Angmering in West Sussex. The scheme was designed to provide a distinctive garden village character, with key elements of the proposal including:
- a green public square at the heart of the development, incorporating sheltered gathering spaces and seating areas with ornamental and perennial planting and a community orchard;
- extensive native planting appropriate to the Coastal Plain and providing a new wooded countryside edge to the development and village;
- SUDS features sensitively designed and integrated into the open spaces, including a pond and biodiverse swales;
- new public access provision including a network of interconnecting cycle routes and green corridor;
- equipped play provision for all ages – maximising opportunities for natural and imaginative play.
Client: Cala Homes