We are looking for creative and technically minded Chartered and Senior Landscape Architects who are keen to progress their careers and play an active role in delivering a variety of projects and helping to shape the future of our Practice.
You will be responsible for progressing and delivering a range of projects and managing and mentoring others in their work. We will expect you to have the appropriate confidence and be able to articulate ideas and communicate effectively with other professionals and non-professionals alike and to be able to cultivate good relationships with both existing and new clients. At a senior level, you will work with the Management Team to identify and develop new client and business opportunities and support our overall business development.
As a small friendly creative landscape consultancy, we need strong team players who are as passionate about Landscape Architecture and good design as we are. We will expect you to bring drive, enthusiasm, and creative ideas to both project work and the development of our team and business. You should enjoy contributing to and working as part of a small team but also show initiative and be self-motivated and able to work independently.
We can offer a competitive salary, opportunities for career development, paid membership to the Landscape Institute, a commitment to training and professional development, a friendly and supportive working environment and the opportunity to take project ownership and contribute to a variety of projects, at all stages.
The position is full-time, based from our offices in the beautiful spa town of Tunbridge Wells in the heart of the Kent and Sussex High Weald. Flexible working arrangements are available – a minimum of 3 days per week in the office is expected however, to maintain our design studio culture. Salary is commensurate with experience. Start date – as soon as possible
Key skills and experience required:
- Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute (CMLI).
- A post graduate qualification in Landscape Architecture.
- At least 2 years professional experience in the UK for the Chartered Landscape Architect role. At a senior level, we expect you to have a minimum of 5 years professional experience in the UK.
- Demonstrable technical skills and experience of taking forward projects from inception to completion.
- Good all-round skills in design, graphics and presentation as well as excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication.
- Experience in landscape planning and LVIA is beneficial but we would also welcome applications from those keen to develop skills in this area.
- Ability to work collaboratively and contribute positively to a team.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Well-organised and able to work unsupervised and to your own initiative, managing workload on multiple projects to agreed timescales but knowing when to seek support if this is necessary.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or KeyScape, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign) and Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of SketchUp (or other 3D software) and NBS Chorus would be useful but is not essential.
- Possession of a valid full UK driving licence and access to a car (insured for business use). We endeavour to use sustainable transport wherever possible, however you will need to drive to some of our sites.
Interested in joining our team?
Please apply with a covering email outlining how you fulfil the above criteria, alongside your CV and a brief portfolio or examples of your work (no larger than 10MB in size) to Nicola Brown.
Those shortlisted will be contacted.
If you are a freelance landscape consultant, interested in joining our pool of freelance consultants, please email us your CV together with a covering email (including your rates and availability) and a portfolio/examples of your hand, written and graphics work (no larger than 10MB).