We are looking for a Graduate Landscape Architect and a Graphics Technician or Landscape Assistant to join our friendly design team.
The right candidates will be motivated, creative and practical and importantly, enjoy contributing to and working as part of a small, busy team.
For both positions, you will need to have good all-round skills in design, presentation (including hand drawing) and written and verbal communication. Your written and spoken level of English must be fluent. You should be able to demonstrate competency in AutoCAD (and/ or KeySCAPE/LandCADD) and Adobe CC software (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator). Experience of Revit would be advantageous. Please note that we can only consider candidates in possession of a valid UK work permit (with full legal rights to work in the UK for at least 12 months) for these positions.
At a graduate level, you should also hold an undergraduate degree and Post-Graduate Diploma in Landscape Architecture or Landscape Design or hold a Masters degree in Landscape Architecture or Landscape Design. One year’s previous work experience would be beneficial, but is not essential.
As a Graphics Technician, you will provide technical, graphics, administrative and design support. We are keen to hear from candidates who may currently be working as Graphics or CAD Technicians, Landscape Assistants or other graduates and college leavers with strong graphics, presentation and IT skills (as outlined above) who have an eye for good presentation and an interest in landscape architecture and the environment – you will need to be able to produce technical drawings and illustrative material that are both creative and technically robust but more importantly demonstrate a vision to enhance the outdoor environment. Where appropriate, we would be keen to support a Landscape Assistant apprenticeship for the right candidate (when available).
If you have an undergraduate degree in Landscape Architecture (or are working towards this) and are looking for either a ‘Year Out’ or part-time employment to support your studies, then please do get in touch about a Landscape Assistant role.
We can offer an attractive package to the right candidates, including:
- a competitive salary (negotiable and commensurate with skills/experience);
- paid membership to the Landscape Institute;
- a commitment to training, CPD and professional development, including support and mentoring on the Landscape Institute Pathway to Chartership for graduates;
- a friendly and supportive working environment;
- the opportunity to contribute to a variety of projects, at all stages, both working in a team environment and taking responsibility for projects (subject to demonstrating the necessary aptitude and skills), as well as assisting with the every-day running, development and promotion of our Practice;
- a central location in the vibrant spa town of Tunbridge Wells, we are within 1 hour of both London and the south coast and channel crossings – a perfect lifestyle choice in the south-east.
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your CV together with a covering email and a portfolio/samples of a variety of your work and graphics (no larger than 10MB) to Nicola Brown and we’ll be in touch. Please contact Nicola for an informal chat if you would like to know more about the roles on offer.
If you are a freelance landscape consultant who might be able to assist with our expanding workload, we are keen to hear from you too!